At Advanced Affordable Hearing, we offer hearing aids that are pre-programmed to the most common hearing loss levels. Through a series of questions about an individual's lifestyle and their ability to hear in certain scenarios, we try to determine which level they would most likely fall into. Once we have an idea about which hearing loss level a person is in, we are able to recommend a hearing aid that best seems to match their hearing loss level.
The checklist below contains general questions that can help to determine which hearing loss level a person may fit into. For the best results, answer these questions as if you ARE NOT wearing hearing aids or any other hearing assistance devices. Each hearing loss level also contains clickable buttons that will take you to the Product Pages for the recommended hearing aids in that level.
You can also watch this video to help you make your decision.
You might have a Noticeable to Significant hearing loss if...
- You have difficulty hearing women and children's voices
- You have trouble following a conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time
- You have trouble understanding a speaker in a large room, such as a meeting place or place of worship
- You have trouble understanding conversation in a crowded room or restaurant
- You have difficulty hearing the TV
- You worry about missing the doorbell or phone ringing
- You sometimes miss words and need help "filling in the gaps"
- You get confused about where sounds come from
- You have difficulty understanding when someone is talking to you from another room
Recommended Hearing Aids for Noticeable to Significant Hearing loss: (click buttons below)
BUY HCX Hearing Aids
"#1 Seller &
Most Versatile" BUY HCEQ Hearing Aids
Compatible" BUY HCR3 Hearing Aids
& Rechargeable" BUY HCRD Hearing Aids
& Rechargeable" BUY HC206 Hearing Aids
Value" BUY HC12 Hearing Aids
"Compact & Highly Discreet
You might have a Significant to Severe hearing loss if...
- Several items from "Noticeable to Significant" are present AND...
- You have trouble understanding someone, even in a quiet room, without looking directly at them
- People get frustrated with you because you misunderstand what they are saying
- Others have to raise their voice or repeat themselves for you to understand
- It is difficult to use the telephone
- Crowded situations make it extremely difficult to hear without hearing aids
Recommended Hearing Aids for Significant to Severe Hearing loss: (click buttons below)
NOTE: for Significant to Severe Hearing Loss, the HCX & HCR2 is only recommended with the addition of a Power Upgrade which can be found on the Related Products TAB on the HCX product page after clicking the button above.
You might have a Severe to Profound hearing loss if...
- Several items from "Noticeable to Significant" & "Significant & Severe" are present AND...
- You have trouble noticing when a person is talking if you are not looking at them
- You miss most conversations when not wearing hearing aids
- Others have to raise their voices substantially in order for you to hear them
- You struggle to or cannot talk on the telephone
Recommended Hearing Aids for Severe to Profound Hearing loss: (click button below)
Hearing Loss and Your Quality of Life:
Research indicates that the greater your hearing loss level is, the more likely it is that several basic quality-of-life factors could be negatively affected. Examples of quality-of-life factors include:
- Irritability, negativism and anger
- Social rejection and loneliness
- Reduced alertness and increased risk of personal safety
- Avoidance or withdrawal from social situations
- Diminished psychological and overall health
- Impaired memory and ability to learn new tasks
- Fatigue, tension, stress and depression
- Reduced job performance and earning power
What should you do next? After completing our hearing check, if you find that your hearing loss level seems to be significant enough to be affecting your daily lifestyle and quality of life, then you may need hearing aids. The next step you take is dependent on your need to hear in various listening situations. All of our hearing aids include 30-day Money Back Guarantee - Risk Free which allows you to try them in the comfort of your own home to see if they help you hear more clearly. If you have further questions, we are available to help Mon - Fri from 8:30am to 5:00pm MT. Please call us at 800-804-0434 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.